Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finals rock. No, really. They do.


It can be hard to stay positive during finals week.  The joy of the last day of classes gives way to the realization that mountains of information that you have forgotten are separating you from summertime.  There are plenty of reasons to hate finals week, but I am kind of a fan.  I know that this is weird.  But here are my favorite things about finals:
1. With no activities or classes to take up my time, I study, eat, sleep, and hang out with people. Whenever I want.  It rocks. 
2. Late-night final exam treats in the cafeteria.  What’s not to love about getting to decorate your own donut or eating so much cereal that you have to be rolled back to the library? 
3. I always find the other sock that I lost at the beginning of the school year. 
4. I discover million fun ways to procrastinate.  Like whenparentstext.com
5. The SUB and C-Stores have tons of food that I can buy with leftover meal blocks.  You name it, they got it--in bulk. 
6. I get to marvel at the sheer amount of stuff I was able to fit in my tiny room.  It’s defies nature.  I know I didn’t show up with this much stuff...
7. Tons of people are at the Rec workin’ on their fitness to de-stress, so my regular morning workout turns into social hour, which makes sweating a lot more fun. 
8. People can’t wait any longer for summer cookouts, so it smells like barbeque and charcoal everywhere you go. 
9. The library is more packed than ever, but it is dead silent.  Again, this defies nature. 
10. Everybody is brain-fried, sleep-deprived, and in that giddy stage right before you hit the wall.  Life is a lot funnier during finals. 
11. Summer is only days away.  Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. You are the most amazing person I've ever "met"! it's hard for anybody to think as you do.. MAN your GREAT and you have made me think positive about my final exams..(wish us good luck!) & tnx a bunch! :) ..btw i LOVE the pic!

    >>cuteprettyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete